The Nature Foundation St Maarten is fighting plastic pollution through the ‘Reduce & Reuse St Maarten’ project, which teaches and encourages residents, children and businesses to reduce their plastic waste output and clean-up the environment.
Residents can easily reduce their single-use plastic pollution by following these 5 easy but impactful steps:
- Say no to single-use plastic products: straws, bags, cups and disposable cutlery.
- Carry a reusable shopping bag, water bottle, spork and cup.
- Use and choose biodegradable alternatives.
- Buy and ask for unpacked vegetables and fruits.
- Lobby businesses to use less plastic and spread the word!