Would you like to Volunteer with the Nature Foundation?
Use our Volunteering Form to submit your interest in one of our programs!
Monkey Management Project: December 2020 – May 2021
Nature Foundation is looking for one or two volunteers or interns who would like to assist with the Monkey Research
The Nature Foundation of Sint Maarten is happy to announce a new 6-month project that will be introduced starting December 1st 2020. The Monkey Management Project is a project directed towards the field research of the invasive monkey species the vervet monkeys, Chlorocebus pygerythrus, located on the island. The aims of this project are to study their abundance and population status in order to establish a Monkey Management Plan for future protocols to ensure Sint Maarten’s natural species flourish in the incoming years.
The Nature Foundation would like to open positions for St. Maarten students and residents as volunteer and intern in this project. This project will provide invaluable experience in fieldwork as well as analytic work in a biology related career. If you surpass the requirements needed, please contact the Nature Foundation for other internships related further to your qualifications.
The requirements needed to apply for a volunteer or intern position in the Monkey Management Project are as follows:
- Over the age of 18 years old,
- Interested in the career path related to biology,
- Available to assist mainly during the month of December, multiple time commitment is requested (no one-timers),
- Available during working days on early mornings or late afternoons,
- Basic knowledge in biology,
- Ability to work in a team and individually,
- Moderately fit, if interested in assisting in field surveys,
Internship duties include:
- Assist in field surveys,
- Draft social media posts
- Assist in presentations regarding the study
If you are interested in the internship, please fill out our Intern Application Form and explain why you would like to help. Please also indicate your availability for December.