The Nature Foundation established the Snorkel Club program in 2010 with the aim of educating local youth in both marine and terrestrial nature conservation. Children will be given 10 lessons with each lesson consisting of both theory and practical elements. We want to teach the children the important role the youth plays in the future of nature conservation on this island
Lessons will include:
- snorkeling skills,
- marine naturalist courses,
- introduction to SCUBA diving,
- hiking tours,
- information on trees and terrestrial nature conservation and
- a special closing activity.
Children who attend the Snorkel Club are given a
- copy of the How to Snorkel Manual,
- a Nature Foundation t-shirt,
- several Fish Identification cards and
- wetsuits for sun protection,
all of which they can keep. After graduating from Snorkel Club, the children have the opportunity to continue on to become Nature Foundation Junior Rangers.
- The Snorkel Club for kids will be held every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Cost is only only NAf. 25 (approx $14) for the 10 lessons to cover the end event.
Sponsor A Child
Those who wish to sponsor a child from a less fortunate background are urged to do so by contacting the Nature Foundation below: