Conservation work requires both human and financial resources. Over the years, all of our projects were funded by grants from international agencies. But we were also recipients of subsidies and gifts from local companies.
Partnership with other conservation organizations is another aspect of environmental work because of the opportunities for networking, knowledge sharing and capacity-building. At the Nature Foundation we are proud to be linked to our local sister environmental organizations as well as be associated with international conservation organizations. The Nature Foundation is grateful for the support from the private and government sector and many funding organizations of past and existing projects.
The Nature Foundation is grateful for the donations from Brand by Brand Clothing which enable us to continue our sea turtle research and monitoring programs. 10% of their profits of selling clothing featuring endangered species go to towards supporting non-profits and charities.
- Sint Maarten government
- DCNA (Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance)
- Dutch Postcode Lottery
- BZK (Dutch Ministry of External Affairs)
- WWF Netherlands (WNF)
- Carmabi (Caribbean Research and Management of Biodiversity)
- STINAPA (Bonaire National Parks Foundation)
- Arikok National Park Foundation
- Saba Conservation Foundation
- STENAPA (St. Eustatius National Parks Foundation)
- Reef Support
- Reef Life Foundation
- Wageningen Marine Research
A noteworthy list of select businesses and organisations in St Maarten that support the mission of the Nature Foundation St Maarten: