The Nature Foundation St Maarten is looking for a Marine Park Ranger.
The Nature Foundation is a non-profit and non-governmental organization, managing the marine protected area of Sint Maarten and is recognized as the organization to assist Government in all issues related to the management and research of the marine and terrestrial ecosystems of St. Maarten and its preservation.
The Ranger will be responsible for the Foundation’s boat, vehicle, equipment, and warehouse. Related tasks will be to drive, maintain, and repair the Foundation’s patrol boat, to conduct patrols, place and maintain dive moorings, respond to environmental incidents, and conduct sea turtle nesting patrols.
The candidate should be able to assist with several scientific research projects, assist with water quality testing, report environmental incidents and any other task done by the Foundation. The candidate should be able to work independently, take initiative, follow instructions from and report to the manager.
Nature Foundation’s Ranger requirements and skills:-
- Power boat Captain’s license to handle a power boat safely.
- Boat maintenance and repair skills.
- Physically fit and handy person.
- Motivated to and have affinity with protecting the environment, nature, and marine life.
- Responsible, reliable, and able to work independently.
- Scuba diving certification.
- Valid St, Maarten driver’s license.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and Spanish is an asset.
- Good computer and writing skills.
- Available to work outside regular work hours in case of emergencies.
- Applicants must be of Dutch Nationality or hold a valid residency with a valid work Permit for Sint Maarten.
Salary to be negotiated based on qualifications.
To apply for position email resume/CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org All applications should be received no later than April 26th, 2021.