Show your talent for art and appreciation
for the ocean this #WorldOceanDay and win amazing prizes from The Scuba Shop!
In recognition of World Ocean Day on June 8, the Nature Foundation St. Maarten is organizing a photo submission raffle with the generous support of The Scuba Shop to highlight the artistic talent around our island and raise awareness for the 30×30 movement, an initiative to protect 30% of the world’s land and oceans by 2030. By sharing various ocean photos by St. Maarten’s residents, the Nature Foundation hopes to celebrate World Ocean Day locally, encourage participants to sign the 30×30, and reflect on their relationship to the ocean.
Learn more about World Ocean Day and the 30×30 movement by visiting their website.
In order to encourage participation from all demographics, the Nature Foundation is giving out prizes via an entry raffle instead of a judging criterion. In order to enter the raffle, participants must post their photo on a social media platform, tag the Nature Foundation in the post, and include the hashtag #WorldOceanDaySXM. Alternatively, they may email the photo to the Nature Foundation directly.
Five winners will be selected randomly, and the Nature Foundation will reach out to the participant on the platform they submitted the photo on. One winner will receive a $150 gift certificate and two will receive a $75 gift certificate to The Scuba Shop in Simpson Bay. Additional prizes include reusable Nature Foundation merchandise.
What photos can be submitted for consideration?
Photos must be taken on or in the territorial waters of Sint Maarten/Saint Martin, prominently featuring the ocean. Participants may submit photos from any date or time period so long as they were taken on or around St. Maarten. The photos may be taken underwater or from the surface but must align with the ‘World Ocean Day’ theme. Photos of the horizon, wildlife, surface, and ocean bottom are all acceptable.
What are the rules?
- All St. Maarten residents (full or part-time) are eligible to participate in the raffle.
- The raffle will open on June 1, 2021, and close on June 8, 2021, at 8:00 AM AST.
- The eligible platforms for posting are Facebook, Instagram, and email.
- Submitted photos must be the original work of the participant.
- Participants are entered into the raffle once, no matter how many photos they post or how many social media platforms it is posted on.
- To enter the raffle on a social media platform, participants must tag the Nature Foundation, caption it with what the ocean makes to the participant, and include the hashtag #WorldOceanDaySXM.
- To enter the raffle via email, participants must email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners will be notified by 12:00 PM AST on June 8, 2021, on all of the social media platform where they posted their photo or directly by email.
- Public messaging must be turned on to receive messages from the Nature Foundation.
- If no response is received after three (3) business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- Any winners must pick up their prize in person at the Nature Foundation office.
- By entering the raffle, participants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Nature Foundation with appropriate photographer credit for advertising purposes.
How can I tag the Nature Foundation for social media submissions?
- On Facebook: @Nature Foundation St. Maarten
- On Twitter: @naturefoundationsxm
Remember: You must include the hashtag #WorldOceanDaySXM!
Please reach out to email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.