Due to the generous support from Port de Plaisance Marina, the Nature Foundation is able to hire an Educational Outreach Officer to assist the Foundation in their daily activities and strengthen the environmental education and awareness on St. Maarten.
The Educational Outreach Officer will be responsible for the outreach, education and communication part of the Foundation. Related tasks will be creating awareness about nature, marine life and environmental issues in St. Maarten, an important part is educating students and residents about nature and environment. Tasks will include executing school visits and school activities, organizing educational awareness events and fundraising activities, preparing outreach materials, press releases and reports and assisting in communication activities and issues. The education outreach officer is responsible for the Foundation, its communication channels such as social media, the website and awareness materials. The employee will report and communicate activities to the manager.
The candidate needs to be able and willing to assist with other tasks done by the Foundation, if needed, such as scientific research projects, boat activities, water quality testing and reporting environmental incidents. The candidate needs to be able to work independent, take initiative and follow instructions when needed.
Requirements and skills:
- University degree in education or environmental studies or related field
- Knowledge of the local nature, marine life and wildlife
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Excellent presentation and organizational abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong computer skills
- Motivation and affinity with protecting the environment
- Pro-active, responsible, reliable and independent working attitude
- Valid resident and working permit for St Maarten
- Valid drivers license
- Scuba diving certificates and snorkel skills is optional
- A diverse position in a small but important Foundation to protect and enhance the natural environment on St Maarten.
- One-year contract, with 40 working hours per week.
- Based on experience and qualifications a maximum salary of ANG 3738.00 gross per month.
Interested persons can send their curriculum vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com before February 7th, 2020.