Enviro-Friendly snorkelling tips
- Enter and exit at carefully selected points to avoid trampling the reef.
- Don't get too close to the reef - more can be seen by hanging back.
- Keeping a safe distance from the reef means there is less danger of coming into contact with anything - even a light touch can harm the coral and some corals sting.
- Move slowly and deliberately in the water, taking plenty of time.
- Avoid coming upright or treading water as this can kick up sand which smothers corals - it is easy (and relaxing) to float on the surface of the water without kicking constantly.